- email@example.com, Minnesota Daily on March 2, 2014, 6:48 PM CT (1696 days ago)
By: David NelsonMinnesota seniors Justine Cherwink, Dusti Russell and Kayla Slechta celebrated their final home meet in style Saturday night, helping the women’s gymnastics team defeat Iowa State 197.25-193.725.
“I’m so impressed with how the team rallies for the seniors every year,” head coach Meg Stephenson said.
The Gophers’ team score of 197.25 marks the second-highest overall score in program history, but the high scores didn’t stop there.
- From news services, TwinCities.com on March 2, 2014, 6:18 PM CT (1696 days ago)
Rachel Banham scored 27 points Sunday as the University of Minnesota women closed the regular season with a 74-57 victory over Ohio State at Williams Arena.
- Dark516Knight, The Daily Gopher on March 2, 2014, 2:20 PM CT (1696 days ago)
The Nittany Lions came into town looking to steal a few points. The Gophers came in looking to solidify their grip on the Conference Championship Trophy.
Weekend mission accomplished. Minnesota converted their six points-in-hand over Wisconsin and pushed their lead on the conference table back to seven points.
The Gophers came into the weekend after an off weekend, so they hadn’t played in essentially two weeks. A little rust showed early, and Penn State briefly led after an early goal by fr
- Brice Marich, GoldenSports.net/Scout on March 2, 2014, 12:53 PM CT (1696 days ago)
Minnesota finished the game with 11 turnovers, but most of them came in the first half that put them down and made it hard for them to come back against an offensive firepower like Michigan
- Ustreet, The Daily Gopher on March 2, 2014, 10:48 AM CT (1696 days ago)
Minnesota lost at Michigan 66-56 on Saturday. Minnesota led 15-9 early, but through a combination of hot shooting and good defense the Wolverines pulled back into the lead and never relinquished their advantage. The Gophers are now 18-12 on the season and 7-10 in Big Ten play. With the win, Michigan clinched a share of the Big Ten title.
Minnesota made it close, but was unable to stop Michigan runs at the end of each half. While the loss does not eliminate the Gophers from NCAA Tournament consid
- Brice Marich, GoldenSports.net/Scout on March 2, 2014, 8:53 AM CT (1696 days ago)
Michigan behind Nik Stauskas's 21 points battled off multiple Minnesota runs to clinch a share of the Big Ten championship Saturday night in Ann Arbor
- GopherIllustrated/Rivals on March 2, 2014, 8:18 AM CT (1696 days ago)
No. 16 Michigan clinched at least a share of the Big Ten title with a 66-56 victory over Minnesota on Saturday night.