|New York Giants News for March 4, 2014
Showing 13 articles from 5 sources
- EBENEZER SAMUEL, NY Daily News on March 4, 2014, 7:15 PM CT (1324 days ago)
He was supposed to be the Giantsí backfield savior, an explosive, game-breaking rusher poised to join the NFLís elite. And then David Wilson fumbled away his starting job and suffered a career-threatening neck injury that required offseason surgery.
- Paul Schwartz, NY Post on March 4, 2014, 5:18 PM CT (1324 days ago)
With 27 players about to hit free agency and most not expected to return, the Giants are guaranteed to have a different look in 2014. It could be that all...
- Conor Orr/The Star-Ledger, Star-Ledger/NJ.com on March 4, 2014, 4:56 PM CT (1324 days ago)
Versatile linebacker can sign elsewhere in free agency, but Giants get the chance to match any offer
- The Blue Screen, NY Daily News on March 4, 2014, 4:56 PM CT (1324 days ago)
The Giants have given restricted free agent linebacker Spencer Paysinger a tender offer, at $1.431 million.† The tender offer means the Giants have the right to match any offer that Paysinger may get on the open market, but they won't receive any compensation if he signs elsewhere. Paysinger ...
- Ed Valentine, Big Blue View on March 4, 2014, 11:51 AM CT (1324 days ago)
In its ranking of the top 10 free-agent running backs about to hit the open market, NFL.com correctly identifies the New York Giants as one of the league's running back-needy teams as we head into the meaty part of the offseason.
NFL.com has Andre Brown of the Giants No. 7 on its list and says "a decent bet to re-up" with Brown, who "would rate higher on this list if we trusted his durability."
While both of those statements might be correct, perhaps both sides are waiting to see what the marke
- Eliot Shorr-Parks/NJ.com, Star-Ledger/NJ.com on March 4, 2014, 11:51 AM CT (1324 days ago)
As to why the Eagles are pulling away, Riddick said it had to do with all of the young talent on the roster.
- Jordan Raanan/NJ.com, Star-Ledger/NJ.com on March 4, 2014, 11:15 AM CT (1324 days ago)
Justin Tuck's price tag may have just gone up a little more.
- Ed Valentine, Big Blue View on March 4, 2014, 9:15 AM CT (1324 days ago)
If Sam Shields gets away from the Green Bay Packers, could the talented cornerback be a target for the New York Giants?
One of the things the New York Giants must do this offseason is solidify the cornerback spot opposite Prince Amukamara. Among cornerbacks expected to be available when the market opens for business in a week is Sam Shields of the Green Bay Packers.
We have discussed many of the Packers' offensive free agents as possibilities for the Giants. What about the 26-year-old Shields?
- Ed Valentine, Big Blue View on March 4, 2014, 7:21 AM CT (1325 days ago)
The league is considering experimenting with moving the extra point back from 20 yards to 42.
A 42-yard extra-point attempt? The NFL reportedly is considering experimenting during the preseason with the radical idea of more than doubling the distance of the current extra point.
NFL.com's Judy Battista reported Monday that the Competition Committee has kicked around the idea of placing the ball at the 25-yard line for extra points, but that "there is no consensus."
According to Battista's data,
- Invictus XI, Big Blue View on March 4, 2014, 6:18 AM CT (1325 days ago)
The best tight end in the draft. What can the explosive Eric Ebron bring to the Giants?
Born in Newark, N.J. Been a New York Giants fan all his life.
Seems like a good enough reason to draft Eric Ebron already. Oh, and I forgot to mention the fact that he's an absolute matchup nightmare. That, too. Let's use today's 2014 NFL Draft prospect profile to take a deeper look at what makes Eric Ebron the top tight end in this year's NFL draft.
- Catch radius is very, very strong. Likely second
- Ed Valentine, Big Blue View on March 4, 2014, 5:53 AM CT (1325 days ago)
There are several Pro Days being held on Tuesday. Here is a look at the major ones.
Several Pro Day workouts will be held on Tuesday, including Alabama State, Auburn, Buffalo, Eastern Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue, Slippery Rock and SMU. Let's look at some of the top 2014 NFL Draft prospects working out for scouts on Tuesday.
There are, of course, a number of draft-worthy prospects for the Tigers who will be on display Tuesday. Here is a full list of participants. We will mention three.
- Ed Valentine, Big Blue View on March 4, 2014, 4:46 AM CT (1325 days ago)
New York Giants' headlines for Tuesday, 3/4.
Good morning, New York Giants' fans! Let's look around the Inter-Google for news about your favorite team this morning.
Free agency starts March 11, one week from today, and one player who almost certainly will not be a Giants is Cleveland Browns' center Alex Mack. The Browns Monday placed the transition tag on Mack, meaning they will have the opportunity to match any offer Mack receives from another team in free agency.
ESPN looks at free-agent r
- Jordan Raanan/NJ.com, Star-Ledger/NJ.com on March 4, 2014, 4:46 AM CT (1325 days ago)
Two offensive linemen, a tight end, a cornerback and a returner make the list.