|Oklahoma Sooners News for March 3, 2014
Showing 16 articles from 7 sources
- SoonerScoop.com/Rivals on March 3, 2014, 10:00 PM CT (1904 days ago)
Oklahoma's second junior day may not have had the same fireworks of new offers and general big news as the first edition, however the biggest pieces of news surprised fast-rising defender Keivon Ramsey as much as anyone.
- The Oklahoman on March 3, 2014, 9:31 PM CT (1904 days ago)
STILLWATER – Finally, OSU basketball can breathe a little. Travis Ford just hopes his Cowboys don’t do it.
A desperate team a mere two weeks ago, OSU suddenly is playing like the team everyone figured it would all season.Read more on NewsOK.com
- M. Hofeld, Crimson And Cream Machine on March 3, 2014, 7:04 PM CT (1904 days ago)
A year ago the race was on to replace Landry Jones as Oklahoma's starting quarterback. Most assumed that the spring would solidify Blake Bell as the starter, leaving Kendal Thompson and Trevor Knight to battle it out for the back up spot. Fast forward a year, Bell is now a tight end, Thompson has his bags packed for Utah and Knight has a Sugar Bowl MVP under his belt. Yeah, it'll be a much different storyline this spring with the OU signal callers.
The Incumbent - Sophomore, Trevor Knight (6-1
- The Oklahoman on March 3, 2014, 6:34 PM CT (1904 days ago)
BY JASON KERSEYNORMAN — Oklahoma desperately needed momentum to carry into the Big 12 Women’s Basketball Tournament later this week.
The Sooners grabbed hold of some with Monday’s 87-32 Senior Day rout of Texas Tech in both teams’ regular-season finale.
“It’s definitely important to ride on some kind of momentum going into the tournament, but really it’s a whole new ballgame now,” said senior guard Aaryn Ellenberg, who led all scorers Monday with 18 points.Read more on NewsOK.com
- SoonerScoop.com/Rivals on March 3, 2014, 6:08 PM CT (1904 days ago)
Bola Alade will join the Sooner basketball program as a preferred walk-on. What can OU fans expect?
- The Oklahoman on March 3, 2014, 5:16 PM CT (1904 days ago)
Ryan AberShooting guard Bola Alade will walk-on to the Oklahoma basketball team next season, Alade said on Twitter.
Alade (6-foot-3) play for John Paul II High School in Plano, Texas.Read more on NewsOK.com
- The Oklahoman on March 3, 2014, 3:39 PM CT (1904 days ago)
The University of Texas debuted beer and wine sales at spring athletic events over the weekend, and on first appearance the $8 Miller Lights seemed to be a hit with Longhorn fans, according to The Dallas Morning News.
For now, the plan doesn’t involve selling alcohol at football games in the fall.Read more on NewsOK.com
- SoonerScoop.com/Rivals on March 3, 2014, 3:00 PM CT (1904 days ago)
The Austin, Texas area has been surprisingly fertile recruiting ground for Oklahoma in the Bob Stoops era and this weekend they hosted one of the area's best who seems intent on the Sooners.
- Bob Przybylo, Sooners Illustrated/Scout on March 3, 2014, 1:34 PM CT (1904 days ago)
Spring football is less than a week away for Oklahoma and Sooners Illustrated continues its 2014 preview with the defensive side of the ball.
- The Oklahoman on March 3, 2014, 12:10 PM CT (1904 days ago)
Jason KerseyArizona coach Rich Rodriguez has been among the chorus of opponents to the proposed 10-second rule, which would force offenses to wait 10 seconds before snapping the ball and allow defenses to make substitutions.
Monday, Rodriguez and the Arizona athletic department found a fun way to voice their displeasure: With a “Speed” parody video that includes cameos from Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock.
The proposal is set to go before the Playing Rules Oversight Panel for final approval this
- The Oklahoman on March 3, 2014, 11:43 AM CT (1904 days ago)
#Bucs New Era Begins with Dramatic Uniform Update: http://t.co/nzehvlFfma Photos: http://t.co/A45QhhlA0J pic.twitter.com/v0YbwgQeMf
— Tampa Bay Buccaneers (@TBBuccaneers) March 3, 2014
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Nike unveiled the team's new NFL Nike Elite 51 Uniform design for the 2014 season, with running back Doug Martin and former Oklahoma All-American defensive tackle Gerald McCoy showing off the new threads.
The look goes along with the Bucs' new helmet design, which was debuted las
- SoonerScoop.com/Rivals on March 3, 2014, 11:43 AM CT (1904 days ago)
FREE: Oklahoma brought in Rivals250 linebacker Anthony Wheeler for junior day this weekend to try and continue a trend of Dallas Skyline star linebackers in Norman. He left thinking that might be very possible.
- Bob Przybylo, Sooners Illustrated/Scout on March 3, 2014, 11:13 AM CT (1904 days ago)
It's all about the guard play for OU. But it's not just on offense, either, the perimeter defense is making a difference.
- The Oklahoman on March 3, 2014, 9:37 AM CT (1904 days ago)
Ryan AberAfter a week that included a narrow loss at Kansas and a win over then-No. 24 Texas, Oklahoma is back in The Associated Press poll at No. Read more on NewsOK.com
- Bob Przybylo, Sooners Illustrated/Scout on March 3, 2014, 7:35 AM CT (1904 days ago)
Quality beat out quantity once again at OU's second junior day, but the Sooners were able to get who they wanted most to attend.
- SoonerScoop.com/Rivals on March 3, 2014, 7:35 AM CT (1904 days ago)
Bob Stoops' 2013 Sooners rushed for more yardage than any team since he arrived at Oklahoma. OU RBs have plenty of opportunities ahead.