|Ole Miss Rebels News
Updated 1950500 minutes ago from 6 sources
- RebelSports.net/Rivals on March 7, 2014, 5:11 AM CT (1354 days ago)
Ole Miss has gotten the necessary outings from its weekend starting position through three weeks. Go inside for a detailed look at each one as well as a preview of this weekend's opponent.
- Whiskey Wednesday, Red Cup Rebellion on March 6, 2014, 1:49 PM CT (1355 days ago)
Yesterday, the NCAA rules committee tabled discussion on the "Saban Rule", a proposed change to slow down the pace of college football. We're glad this failed, and with reason.
Nick Saban and Bret Bielema's proposed rule to force teams to wait ten seconds to snap the football after the ball is set has been tabled. No, we don't at all find it coincidental that two coaches who run plodding, pro-style offenses proposed this rule, and yes we're pretty damn bothered that did so under the guise of
- Sun Herald on March 6, 2014, 12:24 PM CT (1355 days ago)
Former Ole Miss tight end Wesley Walls and ex-New Orleans Saints offensive tackle Willie Roaf are among the nominees for induction into the College Football Hall of Fame.Click to Continue »
- Ben Garrett, OMSports.com/Scout on March 6, 2014, 9:52 AM CT (1355 days ago)
The decision to return to Ole Miss for a sixth season wasn't all that difficult for Deterrian Shackelford. He has work left to do.
- Chuck Rounsaville, OMSports.com/Scout on March 6, 2014, 9:52 AM CT (1355 days ago)
Today's great, and sometimes even not so great, athletes often times lack humility. That's not the case with Ole Miss Safety Anthony Alford, who has a chance to be "great" and is also humble.
- RebelSports.net/Rivals on March 6, 2014, 9:19 AM CT (1355 days ago)
During this edition of the Oxford Exxon Podcast, powered by RebelGrove.com Neal McCready and Chase Parham talk spring practice, baseball and basketball losses and more.
- Whiskey Wednesday, Red Cup Rebellion on March 6, 2014, 7:33 AM CT (1355 days ago)
This Spring is certainly shaping up to be an interesting one for Ole Miss. Hugh Freeze is dealing with logjams at a couple of positions, while scrambling to find bodies at others. Freeze has recruited well the last couple of years, but the majority of the starting lineup in his first two years has been filled with sleepers and overachievers. Now that two full, star-studded classes will be competing for playing time, some of these less heralded veterans will find themselves at a crossroads. In th
- RebelSports.net/Rivals on March 5, 2014, 10:20 PM CT (1355 days ago)
No. 25 Ole Miss (11-2) had hits but was just 1-of-11 with runners in scoring position on Wednesday, and that hit didn't produce an RBI. The missed chances were more than enough to deliver a frustrating night of baseball and a 4-1 loss to Memphis, who is now 10-1 with wins over Ole Miss and Mississippi State.
- Jeff Roberson, OMSports.com/Scout on March 5, 2014, 10:20 PM CT (1355 days ago)
Memphis scored two runs in the top of the first inning and that was enough. The Tigers beat Ole Miss 4-1 Wednesday night in Oxford.
- Sun Herald on March 5, 2014, 9:51 PM CT (1355 days ago)
MSU, LSU win; Ole Miss falls to Memphis…Click to Continue »
- Sun Herald on March 5, 2014, 9:22 PM CT (1355 days ago)
Rebels lose for sixth time in seven games…Click to Continue »
- RebelSports.net/Rivals on March 5, 2014, 8:21 PM CT (1355 days ago)
Arkansas continued its run to the NCAA tournament while Ole Miss continued its precipitous slide Wednesday night in Fayetteville.
- Ben Garrett, OMSports.com/Scout on March 5, 2014, 8:21 PM CT (1355 days ago)
The Ole Miss defensive line got a boost this spring with the addition of FIU transfer Fadol Brown, who, after sitting out a year due to NCAA transfer rules, is now eligible to play.
- The Ghost of Jay Cutler, Red Cup Rebellion on March 5, 2014, 7:52 PM CT (1355 days ago)
Like any of us thought they actually stood a chance anyway.
In a game that was never really in doubt, the Arkansas Razorbacks beat the Ole Miss Rebels 110-80 tonight in Fayetteville.
The Razorbacks have been gaining a lot of traction among basketball pundits as a worthy NCAA tournament team, and with the way they've been playing as of late, who can blame them? The Hogs have squeaked into the RPI top-50, going 8-4 over the past 12 games with a 4-3 record over teams also in the RPI top-50. The Re
- Ben Garrett, OMSports.com/Scout on March 5, 2014, 6:51 PM CT (1355 days ago)
After two years spent at defensive end, rising junior Channing Ward is giving a go of it on the other side of the ball, as a tight end.
- Chuck Rounsaville, OMSports.com/Scout on March 5, 2014, 6:19 PM CT (1356 days ago)
Energy was the name of the game on Tuesday in the first spring practice for the Ole Miss football team. The big question leading into Wednesday's practice was could the Rebs maintain that level of intensity back-to-back? The answer was a certain 'yes,' according to Coach Hugh Freeze.
- RebelSports.net/Rivals on March 5, 2014, 5:56 PM CT (1356 days ago)
Early in Wednesday's practice inside the Manning Center, Ole Miss was working on tempo. Turns out, Hugh Freeze and the Rebels' offense will need to work on refining that weapon after all.
- Sun Herald on March 5, 2014, 12:35 PM CT (1356 days ago)
Hugh Freeze is entering his third season as Mississippi's head coach, and he's optimistic the program is ready to compete in the Southeastern Conference's Western Division.Click to Continue »
- The Ghost of Jay Cutler, Red Cup Rebellion on March 5, 2014, 7:59 AM CT (1356 days ago)
A few players are taking on new roles this offseason.
Yesterday, Hugh Freeze kicked off Ole Miss' 2014 spring practices with his annual spring press conference. In it, he discussed offseason discipline issues (more on this later), the absolutely despicable attempts to slow down the game by coaches who have a vested strategic interest in such a rule despite their insistence that their concerns lie solely in the unestablished threat to player safety during an up-tempo game, and roster changes.
- RebelSports.net/Rivals on March 5, 2014, 7:59 AM CT (1356 days ago)
During this edition of the Oxford Exxon Podcast, powered by RebelGrove.com Neal McCready and Chase Parham talk news out of spring practice, basketball, baseball and 10-second vote.