- Justin Cates, Gobbler Country/SBNation on March 4, 2014, 9:01 PM CT (1846 days ago)
The Hokies fall flat in their final ACC trip to the Comcast Center.
Virginia Tech led 29-28 at halftime but scoreless droughts and injuries helped Maryland pull away for a 64-47 win Tuesday in College Park.
The Terrapins (16-14, 8-9 ACC) outscored the Hokies 36-18 in the second half with Tech not scoring its first field goal until the 14:51 mark.
Jake Layman led the Terps with 13 points and five rebounds off the bench and starter Dez Wells finished with 11 points.
Joey Van Zegeren had 14 points,
- Hokie Haven/Rivals on March 4, 2014, 9:01 PM CT (1846 days ago)
COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Despite a halftime lead, senior forward Jarell Eddie couldn't keep it in the second half, getting routed afterward, 64-47 at Maryland.
- Niemo, Tech Hoops on March 4, 2014, 8:00 PM CT (1846 days ago)
Boxscore The Hokies got absolutely obliterated in the 2nd half and lost 64-47 to the maryland terps in the final meeting between the schools as ACC foes. After leading by a point, 29-28 at the break, Tech was doubled up after the half by a 36-18 margin. Sad as it is to say, at least […]
- Men's Basketball, HokieSports.com/Official on March 4, 2014, 8:00 PM CT (1846 days ago)
van Zegeren sets career high as he and Eddie lead the way with 14 points
- Hokie Haven/Rivals on March 4, 2014, 4:10 PM CT (1846 days ago)
As he prepares for the NFL draft, former VT linebacker Jack Tyler is taking site subscribers' questions! Check back to see if he answers yours!
- Men's Basketball, HokieSports.com/Official on March 4, 2014, 12:16 PM CT (1846 days ago)
Eddie, Johnston, van Zegeren and Thompson honored
- Hokie Haven/Rivals on March 4, 2014, 11:15 AM CT (1846 days ago)
After a strong 2013 season, running back AJ Turner is up to seven offers, including from VT and poised for an even stronger senior season.
- Johnstantinople, Gobbler Country/SBNation on March 4, 2014, 10:08 AM CT (1846 days ago)
The Hokies took on Cincinnati and UMass-Lowell in a round robin last weeked and emerged 3-1. Here's the full story and what to expect in the weeks ahead.
Head coach Patrick Mason had some problems to address going into the Virginia Tech tournament this past weekend. The infield was committing errors at an alarming rate. The veteran pitchers were being outperformed by their young counterparts. The batters were at a loss for swinging the bats with authority. Fortunately for the Hokies, they came
- Hokie Haven/Rivals on March 4, 2014, 5:59 AM CT (1846 days ago)
Redshirt freshman outfielder Sage Jenco & the Hokies got it done with the bats and on the bases in four wins last week. We recap it all in this week's Around The Bases.